Global Bulbospinal Muscular Atrophy Drugs Market is growing at a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the granting of various drug designations to novel drugs by the U.S FDA, initiatives undertaken by various public, as well as nonprofit, organizations for creating awareness regarding bulbospinal muscular atrophy and increase in R&D investment by major companies.
Request For Sample Report @ https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/request-a-sample/?dbmr=global-bulbospinal-muscular-atrophy-drugs-market
Bulbospinal muscular atrophy is also known as Kennedy’s disease, a rare adult-onset form of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is an X-linked autosomal recessive progressive neurodegenerative disorder that causes weakening and wasting of the proximal and bulbar muscles. The condition occurs due to loss of nerve cells in the brain stem and spinal cord, this result in stoppage of messages from brain to muscles for movement. Patients with bulbospinal muscular atrophy have difficulty in speaking, standing, walking and controlling their head movements. In worse condition patients can have trouble swallowing and breathing. This disorder mainly affects men and does not occur in females, who are protected by their low levels of testosterone in the body, accounting for the sex-limited inheritance pattern of this disorder.
According to National Organization for Rare Disorders, Bulbospinal muscular atrophy or Kennedy disease is a very rare type of disorder and it affects 1 in 350,000 males and rarely seen in females. The Japanese population has a very high prevalence of this disorder because of a founder effect.
- Growing number of incidences of spinal bulbar muscular atrophy is driving the growth of the market
- Initiatives undertaken by various public, as well as nonprofit, organizations for creating awareness regarding bulbospinal muscular atrophy also acts as a market driver
- Increase in R&D investment by major companies is boosting the market growth
- Increasing healthcare expenditure can also enhance the market growth
- High cost of treatment for bulbospinal muscular atrophy is hindering the market growth
- Lack of experienced professionals in this field can also act as a restricting factor for the growth of this market
- Limited number of drugs available for bulbospinal muscular atrophy treatment also hampers the market growth
By Drugs Class
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors (5-ARIs)
- Gonadotropin-releasing Hormone (GnRH) Agonists
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Supportive Care
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
For More Details In-Depth Inquiry @ https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/inquire-before-buying/?dbmr=global-bulbospinal-muscular-atrophy-drugs-market
Key Developments in the Market
- In April 2019, Novartis AG is developing BVS857, a novel drug for the treatment of bulbospinal muscular atrophy, currently ongoing in phase ll clinical trial. If approved this novel drug will provide a potential treatment for patients with bulbospinal muscular atrophy and help in improving their life
- In August 2018, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is developing Leuprorelin, a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist for the treatment of bulbospinal muscular atrophy. If approved this drug will provide a potential treatment for patients with bulbospinal muscular atrophy
Global bulbospinal muscular atrophy drugs market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of bulbospinal muscular atrophy drugs market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
The key market players in the global bulbospinal muscular atrophy drugs market are Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Pfizer Inc, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, CYTOKINETICS, INC, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Salarius Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Leadiant Biosciences, Inc, Abbott, Novo Nordisk A/S, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, AstraZeneca, Catalyst Pharma, PTC Therapeutics, Natera, Inc among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global bulbospinal muscular atrophy drugs market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.
Table of Contents:
- Market Segmentation
- Market Overview
- Executive Summary
- Premium Insights
- Global, By Component
- Product Type
- Industry Type
10.2. North America
10.5. South America
10.6. Middle East & Africa
- Company Landscape
- Company Profiles
- Related Reports
About Data Bridge Market Research
An absolute way to forecast what future holds is to comprehend the trend today!
Data Bridge set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge endeavors to provide appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process. Data Bridge is an aftermath of sheer wisdom and experience which was formulated and framed in the year 2015 in Pune.
Data Bridge Market Research
US: +1 888 387 2818
UK: +44 208 089 1725
Hong Kong: +852 8192 7475