CBCT is a diagnostic method which is used to visualise the various parts of the human body, it is based on X-Ray imaging with the images captured through this system forming a cone. Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) is extensively used in maxillofacial surgery and dentistry because of its benefits over traditional techniques. Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) systems have many advantages compared to conventional CT used for dental treatment and planning. Some of the benefits includes lower radiation dose to patients in most cases, smaller acquisition times for the resolution needed in dentistry, a reasonable alternative to CT in terms of cost and improved resolution with the addition of more details. A CBCT scanner extracts high-resolution images for one-tenth of the cost and an element of the radiation compared to conventional CT scanner.
Download Sample PDF Report https://databridgemarketresearch.com/request-a-sample/?dbmr=global-cbctcone-beam-imaging-market
Market Analysis: Global CBCT/cone beam imaging market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 605 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 9.18% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Rising demand CBCT/cone beam imaging for at home is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Key Market Competitors: Global CBCT/Cone Beam Imaging Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global CBCT/cone beam imaging market are
- Carestream Health
- KaVo Dental
- MORITA CORP
- Dentsply Sirona
- PLANMECA OY
- Cefla s.c.
- ASAHI ROENTGEN IND.CO.,LTD.
- 3Shape A/S
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- LED medical Diagnostics, Inc. & Apteryx, Inc
- Fussen Technology Co. Ltd. among others
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, Planmed introduced an improved Planmed Verity CBCT scanner which would provide a 3D imaging solution for orthopedic, head and neck imaging. This is so advanced that it could even provide a high quality image of even the smallest bone structures with a lower rate of interference. This new version claims to be more versatile, easy to use and more cost efficient.
- In September 2018, Carestream Dental launched their latest imaging system namely the CS 9600 CBCT system. It features intelligent automation which enables image capturing accurately with the very first attempt. It comprises of versatile imaging options and intuitive software along with upgradable field of view (FOV). Retractable seats have been provided so as to accommodate patient’s seating position. The updated software of 9600 CBCT system enables one-stop access to all 2D images, 3D images, and CAD/CAM data through a single system which makes this system bit easy to use
Segmentation: Global CBCT/Cone Beam Imaging Market
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorders
- Breast Imaging
By Detector Type
- Image Intensifier
- Flat-Panel Imager Detector
By Patient Position
By End User
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Private Practices
- Ambulatory Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
Market Segment by Regions, regional analysis covers:
- North America (United States, Canada and Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, UK, Russia and Italy)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia)
- Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa)
Competitive Analysis: Global CBCT/cone beam imaging market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of CBCT/cone beam imaging market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.