A Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS) or Dorsal Column Stimulator (DCS) is a type of implantable neuromodulation device (sometimes called a “pain pacemaker”) that is used to send electrical signals to select areas of the spinal cord (dorsal columns) for the treatment of certain pain conditions. SCS is a consideration for people who have a pain condition that has not responded to more conservative therapy.
Spinal cord stimulation (SCS) is a pain-relief technique that delivers a low-voltage electrical current continuously to the spinal cord to block the sensation of pain. SCS is the most commonly used implantable neurostimulation technology for management of pain syndromes. As many as 50,000 neurostimulators are implanted worldwide every year. SCS is a widely accepted, FDA-approved medical treatment for chronic pain of the trunk and limbs (back, legs and arms).
Download Sample PDF Report https://databridgemarketresearch.com/request-a-sample/?dbmr=global-spinal-cord-stimulators-market
Market Analysis: Global spinal cord stimulators market is expected to undergo moderate growth in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018, and the historic year of 2017. The market is expected to grow due to the rising levels of geriatric population, and chronic pain associated with this group of population.
Key Market Competitors: Global Spinal Cord Stimulators Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the spinal cord stimulators market are
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Nevro Corp
- Stimwave LLC
- Integer Holdings Corporation
- Autonomic Technologies Inc.
- LivaNova PLC
- Rising levels of geriatric population globally giving rise to the population suffering from chronic pain
- Rising prevalence of minimally invasive surgeries and technological advancements regarding the products available is also expected to drive the market growth
Avail 10% Discount On This Report Click HERE | Reasons to Purchase this Report:
Current and future of global spinal cord stimulators market outlook in the developed and emerging markets, The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period, Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period, The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- Side effects associated with the therapy and avoidance of the usage of this therapy in patients undergoing anticoagulation therapies as well as usage of any electronic devices in the human body
- High cost of products and lack of proper reimbursements with the devices is also expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Spinal Cord Stimulators Market
- By Product
- Rechargeable Spinal Cord Stimulator Systems
- Non-Rechargeable Spinal Cord Stimulator Systems
- By Application
- FBS (Failed Back Syndrome)
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Competitive Analysis: Global spinal cord stimulators market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of spinal cord stimulators market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2018, Nevro Corp announced that they had received US Food and Drug Administration approval for its spinal cord stimulation system “Senza II Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) System”, delivering HF10 therapy.
- In January 2017, Abbott announced the acquisition of St. Jude Medical Inc., along with its entire product portfolio along with the pharmaceuticals division. This acquisition is expected to create a global leader in medical devices.